IMPORTANT: New Website/League Management System Coming Soon and Spring 2020 League Registration Info!
Updated Sunday October 27, 2019 by South Montgomery Girls Softball League.
As we wrap up another successful season at SMGSL, we are excited to pass along some important info as we move into the Spring.
As part of our continuing efforts to improve your experience, we are pleased to announce we will be moving to a new website and league management system beginning with the Spring 2020 season! This new system has all of the functionality and features we have enjoyed with our current solution, but with several significant improvements to make everyone's experience better.
To make the transition as smooth as possible, we have tried to anticipate some of the questions that you may have:
- Why are we moving to a new system? - Our existing solution, League Toolbox, is being discontinued and it is necessary to move to a new platform.
- What system are we moving to? – We are moving to a system called Blue Sombrero which is provided, at no cost, by Dick’s Sporting Goods to thousands of leagues like ours all across the country.
- Will my old data be in the new system? – No. Unfortunately, this is a completely new system and you will need to create a new account and add your player and family information in. Every product we evaluated would have required a clean start due to the complexity of the family/player associations on the backend so there was no feasible way to bring legacy data across. We do have backups of the data from the old system but it will be for internal archive purposes only.
- When will we start using the new system? – We are targeting having the new system in place before November 1st.
- How will I know when the new system is activated? – We will be redirecting the current http://www.smgsl.net website to the new platform in the coming days. When the layout of the website at https://www.smgsl.net changes, it will indicate that we have completed the migration.
- Is registration going to be handled through the new system and will it look different? – Yes. We are going to use the new system to handle all league management functions including website, scheduling, payments, communication, team management, reporting as well as registration. We have modeled the new registration process after the old as much as possible but the formatting and flow in the new system will be a little different but should be very intuitive.
- When will Spring 2020 registration open? – We are targeting having Spring 2020 registration open on Nov. 10th, 2019.
- Is there anything I need to do right now? – The best thing is to check http://www.smgsl.net periodically. Once the migration begins our ability to communicate with everyone via email and text will be limited and the website will be our primary way to get information out.
- Are there iPhone / Android apps available like we had with League Toolbox? - Yes. We will have more info on this going into the Spring 2020 season.
We are looking forward to leveraging the new system to continue to provide the best experience possible for you and your children and we appreciate your patience during the transition process!
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!